Stories, thoughts and reflections from my life.

My photo
I'm a climber, skier, hiker, and biker...among other things. I believe that communing with the outdoors can give us incredible insight into our lives, build friendships that last a lifetime, and open our eyes to the larger world around us. This is my blog. Welcome.

03 January 2013

Resolutions

As it is the beginning of the new year I think it's only appropriate that I have some resolutions.  I feel inclined to share.  So in no particular order, I resolve to...


1. Be in bed by 11pm or earlier every night except Fridays and Saturdays (or evenings before holidays)

2. Talk to my family more often, especially the 'real' long distance family

3. Listen more often and pay closer attention to what others are saying

4. Climb hard trad...like 10c, 10d or perhaps 11a.

5. Teach climbing more often, especially trad climbing skills

6. Cut myself some slack and slow down

7. Refuse to be bitter or jaded by choices that do not work out exactly as planned or hoped...in other words, accept the outcome as the flow of my life and go with it

8. Go with the flow more, plan less

9. Blog at least once a week

10. Be on time or early

A good list for sure.  One that will definitely challenge me.  Now I need to post this or I'm going to be late to getting to bed!

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, be on time! Great way to wrap up the list ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Hey! Feel free to leave comments. I'm always interested to hear what people think or any suggestions they might have. Thanks for dropping by!