Stories, thoughts and reflections from my life.

My photo
I'm a climber, skier, hiker, and biker...among other things. I believe that communing with the outdoors can give us incredible insight into our lives, build friendships that last a lifetime, and open our eyes to the larger world around us. This is my blog. Welcome.

29 December 2012

Doing My Own Thing at Mt. Mansfield in the Snow

It was another great day of skiing up here today. Yesterday's skiing at Mad River definitely took its toll on me as I was fatigued fairly quickly today. But as the day wore on and the snow piled up, I once again felt fluid in the motions.


Interesting thing I did today as compared to yesterday. Yesterday I mostly shied away from skiing near the liftline. I'm not sure exactly why but I don't always like feeling like I'm being watched while Im skiing...especially if I screw up! But today I did a few runs down the Liftline run. I knew people were watching but I didn't care; I pushed it to the back of my mind, concentrated on each turn and enjoyed carving around each mogul. Instead of caring what anyone else thought, I was very focused on what I was doing in the present moment. The same thing can happen in climbing and I'm sure in our regular lives too. Sometimes we get too caught up worrying about what others think of us. As I remembered today, the best way to confront this is to tackle it head on...don't be shy, go do your thing - and who cares what anyone else thinks :-)





















No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey! Feel free to leave comments. I'm always interested to hear what people think or any suggestions they might have. Thanks for dropping by!