Stories, thoughts and reflections from my life.

My photo
I'm a climber, skier, hiker, and biker...among other things. I believe that communing with the outdoors can give us incredible insight into our lives, build friendships that last a lifetime, and open our eyes to the larger world around us. This is my blog. Welcome.

23 December 2012

A long drive, plenty of snow and great times with family

-Day 23 of 31-

The drive up to Vermont was seemingly cruising along until about the last 50 miles in NY. That's when it began to drag on, seeming like it would never end. I got off the interstate in Lake George, got gas and then realized there are outlet shops there. I needed to be outta the car for a bit so I stopped by the Brooks Bros outlet.


Back in the car 30 min later I had to drive about another hour and a half to Stowe. Only when I was about 30 min from Stowe did I hit some serious snow coming down. Slowed it down and just focused on the road.

Recapping my wonderful diet yesterday: oatmeal at breakfast, coffee, 3 Red Bulls, bottle of water, 2 Snickers bars and one Clif Bar. Lovely.

I stopped off at Cold Hollow Cider Mill...craving a cider donut. They just happened to be making some fresh donuts. Yum.

After arriving and taking a nap we had dinner and then headed to a friend's place over near Montpelier. The drive down I89 to the state capital was snowy and then some. Welcome to winter in Vermont!

On the way back (after a VERY snowy drive...one lane on I89 going 30mph) we drove through Stowe village and I managed to snap some pics; I also took one of the door at my sister's.

Today we did an early Christmas with my nieces at my sister's in-laws so there's a few pics from that too. My niece Abi was thrilled to get Legos while her older sister Nadia was shocked and ecstatic to get a GoPro...wow.

It was a great first day here in Stowe. The snow is still coming down, defying whatever the weather people say and I hope it continues! This is how Christmas (and winter) should be!



















1 comment:

  1. Merry Christmas, Andy. Please send my most sincere regards to your family up north for me!
    Al

    ReplyDelete

Hey! Feel free to leave comments. I'm always interested to hear what people think or any suggestions they might have. Thanks for dropping by!