Stories, thoughts and reflections from my life.

My photo
I'm a climber, skier, hiker, and biker...among other things. I believe that communing with the outdoors can give us incredible insight into our lives, build friendships that last a lifetime, and open our eyes to the larger world around us. This is my blog. Welcome.

10 March 2014

Update: Nut tool post re-visited

Many of you may remember my post from last year when I picked up a new nut tool.  If not, here's the link: http://achockandahardplace.blogspot.com/2013/07/a-new-nut-tool.html

I completely forgot to update this story...so I'm doing it now.

Turns out that a few weeks after acquiring the new (to me anyway) Metolius nut tool and prior to leaving for Scotland, I stopped in to Mountain Trails in Winchester, VA.  Alan was in the shop while he was home and I'd ordered some stuff for our trip that I was picking up.  I told him the story about the new nut tool I'd picked up and he had a bit of interesting news for me.  He wasn't sure he wanted to tell me what he had since I had gone through such a rig-a-more-ole getting the Metolius tool.  But as it so happened, I convinced him to tell me what was up.  Turns out he had a brand new Grivel nut tool sitting there behind the counter.  I don't remember exactly how it came to be there because I don't think it was actually part of the store inventory.  Hell I don't even know if I paid him anything for it.  Regardless, he offered it to me along with a small keychain-type biner and some 3mil cord.  How could I possibly have said no?

To complete the circle, a week or so later I presented a very happy Simone with her "new" Metolius nut tool in exchange for a whopping $10.  So in the end, it was win-win situation all around.  My new tool made the trip to Scotland, saw a great deal of action the rest of the season and hopefully will continue in that regard for many more years to come.

My old and new nut tools



1 comment:

  1. Enjoy the new nut tool, Andy! Consider it an additional Peak Rewards membership benefit. Thanks for your continued support!

    Mountain Trails

    ReplyDelete

Hey! Feel free to leave comments. I'm always interested to hear what people think or any suggestions they might have. Thanks for dropping by!